Garden Furniture and Spread


Spring is here although it's been more rain than sun here in Bavaria.  I needed a nice little place to sit and enjoy the weather, when it happens to be nice.



I decided it was time to get some patio furniture.  Now let me preface this by saying, we probably have the smallest backyard area ever, so I wanted to get something that wouldn't take up too much room, but still retain my style.  There is this cute little garden ware store nearby that I am obsessed with.  It has the neatest stuff like patio furniture, outdoor decorations, and indoor decor as well.  I was surprised to find that it was located in my little town.  Most of the decor is wrought iron (technically mild steel).  









  I decided to buy a dainty garden patio set with two chairs and a table.  And  I aways say that I will go back for some more stuff.  Of course I had to spruce up the view with a spread of yummy snacks.




I love wine and cheese!  They just go so great together.  I bought some German wine and cheese at a bazaar.  I also bought this beautiful tray there as well.






I made some cucumber crostinis which are super easy to make and pretty healthy.  They are very light and refreshing.  

Cucumber Crostini Recipe:

8 ounce block of light cream cheese
1/2 cup light mayo
1 wheat baguette
1 packet of dry Italian seasoning
1 cucumber
dried cilantro leaves (optional)

Makes about 12 slices

Mix together cream cheese, mayo, and Italian seasoning and spread on sliced baguettes.  Cut cucumbers to top.  I didn't for this picture, but I usually sprinkle some dried cilantro leaves over the cucumbers, it gives it some more flavor and looks nice as well.





Close up of the cheese I bought at the bazaar.  I'm always on the look out for new kinds to try.  I bought the cheese slicer from my trip to Amsterdam last November.   The tulips remind me that I have to see Amsterdam in the Spring at some point.






I used my vintage enamelware milk jug that I bought during my trip to Poland as a vessel for the beautiful roses.  I love the combo of pale blue and pink and the little wooden detail.  







I wanted to show a close up of the yummy Riesling.  It was the perfect balance of sweetness and acidity.  Also some detail of my pic nic basket that I picked up on one of my previous hunts.




The coffee/tea set I bought a while ago at a thrift store.  They are from China and I have an entire set of cups, saucers, and a milk and sugar bowl.  And no, I'm not drinking wine out of that, though it would be a sneaky way to conceal it.








I love the look of wrought iron garden furniture!



The store I bought my garden furniture at is called Wohnambiente-Philberth.  I did snap a few pics of the inside of the store with my iPhone.








*I did not get paid to endorse this store, though that would be awesome.



Lastly, in the spirit of Mother's Day, I wanted to end with a pic of my mother and I at my wedding last August.  She really is the best mom!  


Photo by Thomas Beaman Photography


Happy Mother's Day everyone!








Linking up at: Twigg Studios
                    The Brambleberry Cottage
                    Common Ground-Do
                    Funky Junk Interiors
                     Costal Charm
                        A Stroll Thru Life
                        Her and Nichole
                        God's Growing Garden
                        The Shabby Creek Cottage
                        No Minimalist Here
                        From My Front Porch to Yours
                        French Country Cottage
                        Finding Fabulous Blog
                        Miss Mustard Seed
                        The Thrifty Groove
                        Serenity Now
                  Hickory Trail
                  Lavender Garden Cottage
                  Sunday View
                  The Dedicated House





   

























26 comments :

  1. Love the little iron set for your outdoors space! I would love to go to that shop one day. It looks like it has quite a few nice items. Your mom is gorgeous as you are! You look like sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I always go back and see more things I like. Thanks, I hear we look like sisters a lot, but I really don't think we look alike lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wonderful bistro set it is so pretty and your tablesetting is so frenchy looking. The Cucumber Crostini's sound wonderful. I will definitely try that. Thanks so much for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love French inspired decor! Doesn't everyone? The cucumbers are great on bagels with cream cheese too. Yum. Thanks for hosting, and reading too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes I love your picnic basket, the fabric on it is great, and your cute little garden set. It sounds like you are on a great adventure!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for linking this beautiful post to my "Themed Blog & Shop Hop"!
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Problem, Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming little bistro set! I love how you used your cute picnic basket and accessories. I love wine and cheese and your German Riesling looks like something I would love to try. Gorgeous Roses! Diann and I thank you for linking up at TTF this week!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to bring everything together from previous hunts. I saw a bunch of vintage milk jugs last week at the Nurnberg Flea Market, I should have picked them up. Thanks for hosting and reading Linda!

      Delete
  9. The milk jug and roses look amazing, the color is really unbelievable. And your mom is so young!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Lisa. And my mom isn't that young, she just doesn't seem to age. haha Hope I have the same luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely cafe you've made on your porch. I love the roses in the enamelware tin, your furniture, dishes--just perfect! And that store! I really want the clocks!

    Thank you for linking up with Vintage View Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by Laura and thanks for all the nice words!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like such a fantastic store!! And I love your sweet graden bistro set!! Beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie, I hopped over to your blog and left you a message :)

      Delete
  14. Your patio set is very pretty, just the kind of thing I like. And thanks for sharing that recipe, I'll have to try that. Cucumber sandwiches just sounds perfect for summer. It sounds like you are living such an exciting life! I hope to travel abroad someday. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I'm having a great adventure in Europe. I love it here. And I often put cucumbers on my bagels, it's refreshing. Thanks for checking out my blog. You should definitely make it abroad one day. Plane tickets are so expensive, but its worth it and you can find so many deals if you dont have a set date.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cannot wait to try this recipe myself and go to the Cafe Cluny!!! So happy to be catching up with all of your exploits!

    Luxury Home Furniture

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for following along! What is the Cafe Cluny?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Choosing the right garden furniture really do the thinking. Just select the perfect furnishing to blend the garden thing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice I also share with you something hope this helpful for you my friends Putting decorations on the job space to your business is not only about making it search beautiful, respectable and inspiring. The way you coordinate your office home furniture can be a wonderful means for you to market your business. Each employees along with client would likely appreciate workplace that is engaging, clean and coordinate.
    Grandfather Clock Makers

    ReplyDelete
  20. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful.the little iron set for your outdoors space! I would love to go to that shop one day. It looks like it has quite a few nice items. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts. Thanksfurniture shops

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty bistro set and picnic. You are one of the features at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Here's a link to this week's party. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/06/anything-blue-friday-week-12.html Hope to see you again at the blue soiree. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice backyard photos! I can't wait until the weather is nice enough to have dinner on our outdoor wood furniture :]
    -Jon

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing set of furniture with great designs and styles, love the antique furniture. Restaurant bar stools

    ReplyDelete
  24. Neatest stuff like patio furniture, outdoor decorations, and indoor decor for celebrations.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Questions and comments welcome. I try to respond to everyone (I respond back to your comments on the comments page so check back for a response). Thanks for reading!

-Brittany Ruth